Case Definition of COVID-19
- PUI of COVID-19
Acute respiratory infection (sudden onset of respiratory infection with at leastone of: shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without FeverANDTravelled to / resided in foreign country within 14 days before the onset of illness ORClose contact1 in 14 days before illness onset with a confirmed case of COVID-19 ORAttended an event associated with known COVID-19 outbreak
- Confirmed Case of COVID-19:A person with laboratory confirmation of infection with the COVID-191 close contact defined as :
- Health care associated exposure without appropriate PPE (including providingdirect care for COVID-19 patients, working with health care workers infected with COVID-19, visiting patients or staying in the same close environment of a COVID- 19 patient).
- Working together in close proximity or sharing the same classroom environment with a with COVID-19 patient
- Traveling together with COVID-19 patient in any kind of conveyance
- Living in the same household as a COVID-19 patient